Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Love The One You Are With - And Everyone Else Around You





Lately I've been thinking a lot about just how lucky I am to have the family and friends that I do.  And of course, how lucky my family and friends are to have me.  I mean, man, are we a lucky group or what?!?  Some of my family and I, pictured above, along with my husband who I hope will from now on out be dubbed "Twerk Queen" did a 5k this weekend in memory of my sister-in-law's sweet, sweet niece.  Talk about an eye opener.  My perfectly healthy, happy and relatively normal family walked together (in awesome tutus) for an 11 year old girl who lost a brave fight with cancer.  Here's the deal - we were there for a great cause and we got to come together and make some memories as a family.  Admittedly, some of the memories aren't so great - Wes got knocked over by a giant dog in a tutu (which by the way, is a great memory for me, maybe not so much for him - cutest dog ever!), Zach and Matt walked together with Zach telling Matt the whole time "next time we do a 5k, why don't you just leave me at home?" and Matt telling Zach the whole time "this was your mom's idea, not mine".  But we had some really awesome memories too - Ben walked/ran with his older cousin Evan who I can tell is slowly morphing into someone Ben is both fascinated with and proud to be friends with.  I got to walk with my niece Abby and could see how Maddie is going to forever look up to this wonderful young woman in our family.
I mean, c'mon, how cute is that. 

With Mother's Day rapidly approaching, take two minutes and love on your mom.  Don't have a mom to love on?  Guess what, I bet if you think about it there are literally dozens of moms around you that have inspired you or helped you or made you think, man, what a great person that lady is! If you can't think of any of those people, get ahold of me because I honestly started listing them this week and my list goes on and on with ladies around me that I am so glad to have in my life.  Just wait until I get to Father's Day, holy cow, there are a lot of dudes I'm pretty thankful for too. 

Anyway, my message for today is to just be happy and thankful for those people around you.  It's such a good way to be.  It's so easy to be fueled by unhappy mommy stuff and competition and worries about how we look and my list could go on and on about things to not be happy about or things that make me jealous.  Don't give into it.  Except of course if your husband is the Twerk Queen - let's be perfectly honest - that is going to create some jealousy.  Sorry ladies, he's all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment