Saturday, May 10, 2014

Such a Sucker

I am such a sucker for letting the kids do things in the name of Mother's Day.  I just gave Maddie a 5 minute, well-thought out, articulate, air-tight argument as to why she could not use wrapping paper this afternoon (summary:  I didn't want her to).  Two seconds later, Zach comes in, already holding wrapping paper (sidebar:  this kid has it figured out - don't ask permission, beg forgiveness) and telling me why he needs wrapping paper: to wrap my Mother's Day present he is working on.  Heart = melted.  Of course, Zachy, you can use the wrapping paper.  Would you like to run around the house with sharp scissors first?  Can I give you a permanent marker to use, as well?  As long as it is in the name of Mother's Day, I apparently do not care.  If the kids figure this out, I'm going to be in trouble in a few years.  Markers and wrapping paper could quickly morph into borrowed cars and credit cards.  I better start figuring out how to reign it in quick!  

No comments:

Post a Comment